Where Do You Want To Go?

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Being a mom to Fable Elaine has offered me a moment of pause to consider the last two years. One day my daughter's chubby little fingers will reach for a marker to scrawl her first Mother's Day card. One day I'll open my mailbox to find her love waiting for me there. And one day in the distant future, I'll receive my first Grandmother's Day card.

My prayer is that each and every year, my love for this child will grow exponentially. On this day, I am honored to be Fable's mother. It's the highest compliment, the most humbling duty, and the greatest joy I've ever experienced. Fable is too young to sign her name on an effusive card or even understand what it means that I'm her mother. But I understand. And I hope I never crave her thanks. Instead, I hope that this time every year, I turn to my Savior, the God who gave me this sacred gift, and thank HIM.

Praise the Lord today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers