Where Do You Want To Go?

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Glamour.

One of the things I love about my husband is that even when he's wearing a baseball cap and a White Sox tee, exuding the essence of manliness, he's not afraid to pop in "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" and watch it with me. I love a man who's secure in his sexuality...

And actually, it's thanks to him that this particular post exists. As I watched Andie Anderson dazzle her way across the screen with perfectly tousled hair and boyish charm, I started thinking about glamour-- or the lack thereof-- in the realm of parenting.

What I wouldn't give up for a banana yellow dress and legs up to here, an elegant champagne flute in hand. If only I could twist my hair in a simple bun at the nape of my neck and look like the fairy godmother of fashion had dumped her magic bag of goodies on my doorstep. Heck, I'd take Andie Anderson's leftovers-- I'm not picky!

At this phase in my life, there's hardly a need to get dressed in the mornings (though I ALWAYS do) (most of the time). Moisturizer and short hair are my best friends. Every so often I pull on my favorite pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt, even if I know my only audience will be Fable (and considering the fact that she normally dons a Pooh-bear shirt and diaper, I think I'm good...)

Yet another thing I love about my husband is his love of giving compliments. He feels really blessed when I put a little effort into looking nice by the time he gets home. So, there's a little incentive for me to dust off the curling iron and break out the lip gloss.

But still, I'd love the excuse to buy cute shoes and put on perfume. I'd love to only wear one outfit a day without fear of getting pureed bananas on myself.

I suppose it's a season I should try to savor, though, am I right? I'm in no mood for complaining. I'm just musing, and perhaps reminiscing-- that's all.

Anyway, there's a nook just under Doug's arm shaped an awful lot like me. I'm wearing my favorite pajama pants (an old pair of Doug's), a Cubs t-shirt, and I'm slightly sunburned. It has been a good day.

So away I go to do some savoring.

Happy Saturday, all.

PS: In the course of writing this, HTLAGITD has ended. Doug has moved on to a movie called "The Hogfather." I love that manly man.

1 comment:

  1. I love when men are comfortable enough and laid back enough to watch girlie movies with us girls. Iain has more than once sat through Sweet Home Alabama with me and snuggled the whole time. I love it! We're lucky girls.

    ReplyDelete

Followers