Where Do You Want To Go?

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Hard Things.

The hard things are on my mind. And the easy things. But mostly, what they both say about my character. That's what I'm thinking about this morning.

Having Fable around is sort of like having a barometer of my sin with me everywhere I go. I'm more keenly aware of my foul moods in light of her sunny disposition. I'm even more aware of how frequently I fail in my pursuit of the Ideal Melanie.

The Melanie who is never terse or rude with her husband. The Melanie who is lit up from the inside with Christ's glory. The Melanie who is clean and pure in all her thoughts. There's nothing lazy or self-seeking or spoiled in that Melanie.

And that brings me to the hard things. The hard things are the good things. The easy things are the bad things. It's so trite I can hardly stand it.

Why is it so hard to be a changed woman, especially in light of what Christ has done for me? I find that I am never changed. Is that a reflection of my salvation?

Maybe I've been doing this Christianity thing all wrong. If my progress as a person is any indication, I would venture to make that remark.

These are just some thoughts for the road. We've got stuff to do, my little barometer and I.

Until we meet again,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers