Where Do You Want To Go?

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Recent Developments

There are so many things to write down before I forget them. Here are the latest goings-on at our house:

F is a walker! And a champion, at that! Doug says she looks like a zombie with her arms outstretched, stiff little legs beneath her. I agree.

She is a snuggler! A girl after Momma's own heart! My lap is permanently occupied with a squirmy, sticky baby girl, usually carrying oversized books in her arms for me to read to her. Her favorite book is "Goodnight: A Bedtime Touch and Feel Story." She likes the page with the furry puppy dog on it.

She LOVES Daddy. A story to illustrate the cuteness of it: Our morning routine is fairly consistent. Doug gets up with F around 6:30, feeds her, and gets in the shower while I watch her play on the bathroom floor. F loves that because Daddy sings songs while he takes a shower. Shortly after that, F and I go downstairs and have breakfast while Daddy gets ready for the day. One morning our routine got thrown off and we came straight downstairs to play instead of playing in the bathroom. F kept pointing upstairs and yelling "Daaa-deeee!" It was really adorable.

Necklaces. F loves them. She lights up with glee when I put one of my long, dangly necklaces on her. I think she feels like a big girl.

No. F gets it. She may not understand that what I'm saying is, "No, don't hit Aspen in the face," but she understands that something she has done is displeasing. The world of toddler discipline, I can already tell, is going to be a hard and emotional place to navigate.

Lastly, F can show you where your nose/her nose is. : - ) (Even in that emoticon, she could probably point it out. :P)

Okay, that's all I've got for now. I'm sure there's plenty more. Tomorrow is her party. Must get moving.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers