Where Do You Want To Go?

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kids, I love 'em.

So, my friends, it seems that God has been at work yet again. Like a house elf, only more... real. And less creepy. :)

Over the last two years, God has been working on my heart towards children. Most of you know that prior to the birth of my darling daughter, Fable, I never even wanted children. The last thing on earth I saw myself doing was raising a child, let alone watching other people's children! But it seems that God is in the business of turning the tables, flipping the script, and all that. Over the last year, I found myself in situations where I learned about, related to, empathized with, and eventually taught young children. I've been nannying here and there, teaching theatre, and raising my own daughter. And what do you know! I love kids. (Most of the time.) Their enthusiasm and wonder inspires me to live more joyfully every day. (End sappiness...)

And so, with that, I am venturing into the world of (unofficial) childcare. My qualifications include:

- Employment as a young infant and toddler caregiver at Vanguard Church in Colorado Springs, CO.

- Nanny/regular babysitter to three children in the last year. (All of their parents would be happy to give a reference.)

-Infant and toddler CPR certification.

-Substitute teaching license, which basically means I'm an awesome teacher.

- Employment at the Academy of Children's Theatre as a theatre director for children ages 4-9.

Should you find yourself interested in my services, here's more info: This summer, I will be working alongside my dear friend and full-time teacher, Tiffany B., to facilitate excellent babysitting/childcare. She works for the Rocky Mountain Classical Academy and is abundantly gifted with children. There will always be two adults present, allowing for your child to have individualized care. In a given day, we will regularly take children to the nearby park (Cottonwood Creek), schedule educational outings, such as story time at the library or visits to the zoo, story time, music time, snacks, and naps. Each day will be structured, with regular times set for snacks and naps. Drop-in childcare is also available with advance notice.

So, please spread the word! We're more than flexible, and always willing to talk and negotiate something that will work for the individual needs of a family.

Lots of love from Mel and Tiff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers