Where Do You Want To Go?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Darling.


My friend, Tiff, snapped this photo yesterday. It's funny how some of the best pictures are the ones you take on the fly, without any preparation or pretense.

I immediately fell in love with this photo. I tend to make the most wooden faces in photos, so I love how fresh and free I look here. Also, I love that I don't look like a cross-eyed Christmas elf in this photo, which is how I tend to see myself in pictures. I was happy, and I look happy, but I don't look mentally-challenged happy.

Also and mostly, I love this photo because this is my girl. I never get tired of saying that. I catch myself staring at her, often more than once a day, awestruck that she's mine. I think this photo captured the spirit of our relationship. Fable's windblown hair is perpetually askew around her face. She always looks like she has come fresh off the back of an adventure. She's so independent that for her to even sit still and let me put my arms around her is enormously gratifying for me. You can see it on my face. That's my love face. I wear it all day long.

What a life.


3 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC PICTURE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I like your description: mentally-challenged happy. I feel like that when photos are taken of me and it usually shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'm glad you can relate, but I always love seeing pictures of you folk!

    ReplyDelete

Followers