Where Do You Want To Go?

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Venturing into art...

Hear ye, hear ye, good people of blogdom! I have an announcement to make. Today I made my first step into adulthood! Marriage, parenting, and home-ownership were all just baby steps compared to this Olympian leap.

Today I bought FIRSTHAND furniture.

No garage sale prowling, no Craigslist stalking. Nope, today Doug and I walked into some kind of American Furniture store (a warehouse, as it were) and we bought a NEVERBEFOREUSED sofa. We researched and debated and sat on so many couches my rear could detect the very color of a sofa before I laid eyes on it.

And by the end of Tuesday, we'll have our brand new sofa on display in our living room, sitting pretty. I'm pretty anal retentive about my furniture so no one will be allowed to sit on it for about a month, but you guys can feel free to LOOK at it any time you want!

So, being the good and faithful blogger that I am, I tried to find a picture of the sofa for all to see. But I searched and searched and my search turned up nothing, so I decided to do an artistic rendering of the newest addition to our family. Without further ado, I present you with my masterpiece...


Ta da! Isn't that something? I guess I have more than one talent to add to my repertoire! Now, uh, in case you were wondering, that little gray circle is my rug. And that thing with the Mr. Potato Head feet is Fable, and Fable is thinking in her little Fable head, "JUMPING! JUICE! SPILLLLING THINGS!!!!!" Because that's what her devious mind is plotting to do once I let my guard down. That's why no one will ever sit on my couch. I plan on teaching her that all furniture is for looking, not touching.

Well, anyway, not long after I breathed a sigh of accomplishment at finishing my painting, Doug leaned over and said, "Uh, hun, I found our couch online." He's annoying like that. So, I had him send me the photo so you could compare my rendition. What do you think?





I know, I'm amazing. Actually, just now I said to Doug, "I know, I'm frigging AMAAAAZING," over something totally unrelated to couches. And that's because my amazingness extends to things other than just furniture. It ALSO extends to bargain shopping (we got this couch for a screaming deal), craftiness, spawning, and as we all know, general attractiveness.

Now, before I sign off, I think it's worth saying this: I don't actually like that flowery pattern on the back cushions. But the awesome thing about this couch is that the cushions are all reversible so I can turn them around, which I will always do because, as I said I don't like that pattern. But I DO like the stripey pillows, which I realize now I forgot to add in my drawing. Ah, well. Artistic liberties and such.

Okay, anyway, talk at y'all later. Have a good night. And stay away from my sofa.

PS: Don't forget to post below for a chance at winning those AWESOME pins!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the big move into adulthood my friend. Are you going to get the clear plastic like grandma's have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm with you on both the flowers and the stripes, and the shape is cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I love that you drew it out on the computer
    2. Fable looks like a Who from Whoville (in this picture and real life, sorry to break it to you on your blog. It's a compliment...)
    3. I'm so EXCITED to come stare at your beautiful new couch!!!
    4. Put it on Sri it's with a retractable ladder.
    5. That's a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know why Doug felt you needed to put that other picture in there...I don't see the difference between the two.;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers